Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Running a Call of Duty1 server @ home

• Please log in to reply

{S''A}NiTe

{S''A}NiTe

• Pip
  • 6 posts
OK well, i have started a server, dedicated to internet, 12man, and 2500 maxrate, as well as no pure. WHen i click start COD exits and i get the nice green console, games up for me on local, but for everyone else, it isn't there. Is there something on my computer keeping the server from being public?? :whistling: :blink: :help:

Advertisements

BlackPandemic

BlackPandemic

• PipPipPip
  • 678 posts
Do you have a firewall or a router? I know that since I have both, I can't start any games, I can only join them...it kinda sucks.

{S''A}NiTe

{S''A}NiTe

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
Oh, i see, that does suck, oh well. retarded. it isn't possible to create it with wireless?

MoViEsTaR

MoViEsTaR

• PipPip
  • 26 posts
Im on wireless and its easy and very possible.. i have posted in the other thread on how to set your routers firewall and creating a dedicated server.

If you still have trouble id be more than happy to help you.

MoViEsTaR

MoViEsTaR

• PipPip
  • 26 posts

Do you have a firewall or a router? I know that since I have both, I can't start any games, I can only join them...it kinda sucks.

Utter Rubbish! who told you that??? i can set it up for you if you want to run one.

BlackPandemic

BlackPandemic

• PipPipPip
  • 678 posts
If you do a forum search you should be able to find the guide/instructions on how to do this, as Movie says he's written them somewhere.

Edited by BlackPandemic, 30 July 2006 - 02:12 PM.

MoViEsTaR

MoViEsTaR

• PipPip
  • 26 posts

It's not utter rubbish. Don't say things like that because as of now, you are wrong. I am through a router and a firewall so it's too hard. You can't just click start server.

Nite just do a forum search for wireless dedicated server and you should be able to find something useful! Report back with good or bad news!

PS - If someone had told me, I would have said "Someone told me."

Lol what do you mean as of now i am wrong? when will i be correct then? like i said ill happly show you how to do it and if you not a complete noob as you appear to be ill have you a game server online within 5 min with any any config of hardware you throw at me.
You have always been able to run a console based server and play on it also from the same o/s... what you actualy mean is you dont know how to do it!

let me highlight the point you made that im saying is utter rubbish

"quote"

The next post you say it too hard for YOU and not that you cant. which is it?

Nite if you would like some help in starting a wireless server id be more than happy to help you... unlike some other people i could name i run game servers and im tech support for a large datacenter. PM me if you still want to run one.

PS. telling him to search the forum for answers proves you have no idea what your talking about and cant help him yourself

Edited by MoViEsTaR, 30 July 2006 - 01:52 PM.

{S''A}NiTe

{S''A}NiTe

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
Thanks for all the help, finnaly got it all up and running. Thanks.

BlackPandemic

BlackPandemic

• PipPipPip
  • 678 posts
Good to hear Nite :whistling:

MoViEsTaR

MoViEsTaR

• PipPip
  • 26 posts
No probs glad to help :whistling: let me know if you have any more trouble with it.

Edited by MoViEsTaR, 01 August 2006 - 09:39 AM.