Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Problem with drivers for Sound card, DVD-RW, etc.

• Please log in to reply

landa321

landa321

• PipPipPip
  • 134 posts
I was having a problem with my TV Tuner and now, my sound card, and my DVD-RW/CD drive are not working. I am trying to update the drivers, but nothing is working.

There is also a question mark with a yellow circle around it on "Pulg and Play Software Device Enumerator" and I am not exactly sure what that is.

I am using Windows XP Pro.

Soundcard- Realtek AC'97 Audio
DVD-RW: NEC 1300a
TV Card - TV CARD 7130

thanks in advance

Advertisements

landa321

landa321

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 134 posts
I physically removed my TV Tuner from my PC and I downloaded drivers for my soundcard, was able to install them, rebooted, and now my DVD-RW drive is working... and my soundcard is working too.

Don't know if I should re-install that TV Tuner or not.

BlackPandemic

BlackPandemic

• PipPipPip
  • 678 posts
Unless you realllllly need the tuner, then I'd say stay on the safe side and keep it out. Just wondering, why did you opt for a Realtek card and not a Turtle Beach (or whatever) or a SoundBlaster?

landa321

landa321

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 134 posts
Well, the Realtek actually came pre-installed on my motherboard and I never really upgraded it.

That TV tuner has been working fine for about a year though. I use it a lot. Today, however, I purchased a portable TV Tuner that connects via USB 2.0. I'll use that more now, but if the old one works, why not leave it in as a back-up or give it to someone.

BlackPandemic

BlackPandemic

• PipPipPip
  • 678 posts
Realtek isn't a sound card then (which is what I thought). That is an onboard audio system, which isn't great. If you game a lot or listen to music, I suggest dishing out some money for a real soundcard as it does make a difference. And as for the TV-tuner, put it in, if the thing breaks again, we found the problem, if not, then...hooray!