Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Corrupted archive.jar files

• Please log in to reply

pala2006

pala2006

• PipPip
  • 26 posts
I scanned with avg and it found 3 files there are corrupted. I think this occured after I installed Macromedia Flash Player 10.1. This isn't the first time I have had archive.jar files being corrupted. In the past, when I found that these files were corrupted, I would go find them and delete them. I know that was probably a bad idea but since they were corrupted I thought they were useless so I did what I did. Now I'm just wondering if I should delete these 3 files or is there a way I can make them so they are not corrupted. Thank you in advance.

Advertisements

pip22

pip22

Trusted Tech

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,663 posts
Corrupted files cannot be made into non-corrupted ones. They have to be replaced by known good ones. That's assuming the files really are corrupted -- not sure where AVG figures in all this since it's job is to find virus-infected files - which can often be fixed or disinfected. Corruption is a different matter.