Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Memory porblem memory could not be read! HELP!

• Please log in to reply

colonel69

colonel69

• PipPip
  • 37 posts
Ok everytime try to install world of warcraft it gives me this error. I get the same thing when I try to play regular warcraft 3 but at least I get to install it, But it gives me the same error when i try to play it I have more than enough memory so i know thats not it but i need help here is what the error says:

This application has encountered a critical error:

ERROR #132(0x85100084)Fatal Exception
Program: C:\DOCUME~1\Colonel\LOCALS~1\Temp\Blizzard Installer Bootstrap - 0047fd31\Installer.exe

Exception: 0xc0000005 (ACcESS_VIOLATION)at 001b:004A3835
The instruction at "0x004A3835" referenced memory at "0xBE511720".

The memory could not be "read".

press ok to terminate the application.

please help me this is really frustrating thanks in advance.

Edited by colonel69, 29 July 2006 - 04:42 PM.

Advertisements

AitrusSkyy

AitrusSkyy

• PipPipPip
  • 330 posts
Give this a shot... http://www.blizzard....w/?id=aww01635p

However on that page ignore the paragraph that says

"If the installation hangs or gives an error at the same point or on the same file every time, it's possible the CD itself is damaged on the sector where that file is stored. Try the disk in an alternate drive or even an alternate computer to see if the same problem happens. This is the easiest way to identify a potentially damaged CD."

Ignore it because if you tried both WoW and WC3 and both gave you same error, it is highly likely it isnt both cds are corrupted.

Sounds more like your administration with windows may be compromised, and it wont let you install stuff, so instead gives you errors.

Try this also.

DMA if Available ( Windows 2000/XP )
Open the System in Control Panel.
Open the Device Manager under the Hardware tab.
Double-click the IDE ATA/ATAPI Controllers category.
Next, double-click each IDE channel that is present and make sure that "DMA if available" is selected under the advanced settings tab.
Reboot your computer.

Edited by AitrusSkyy, 29 July 2006 - 04:54 PM.

Listerofsmeg

Listerofsmeg

• PipPipPip
  • 121 posts
I Think you should do a Memory Diagnostics

Doing a scan of the computer's physical memory can help you find RAM problems which could cause this thing. Use Windows Memory Diagnostic

I recommend the extended test suite, which takes the longest time to run but is the most thorough test.

colonel69

colonel69

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts
well the thing is it lets me play regular warcraft then gives me the error when i try to install wow the trial it gives me the same error.
how do you do a ram test?

Edited by colonel69, 29 July 2006 - 08:02 PM.

colonel69

colonel69

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts
News update
ok so i go to check out if the file is wrong i go to the place i downloaded it at and it says under the download for the trial do not download it wont work!! So that still doesnt explain the warcraft regular game that i bought having this issue but mabye the wow problem is that i need to buy it but i dont want to waste my money.

colonel69

colonel69

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts
bump

colonel69

colonel69

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts
plz help me!!

jaxisland

jaxisland

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,703 posts
Here is the link for the memory tool. I would give it a shot.

http://oca.microsoft.../en/windiag.asp