Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Recovering Lost data

• Please log in to reply

special-one

special-one

• PipPip
  • 39 posts
Dear experts,

Is it safe to recover lost data from hard drive through any recovery software ? Does it cause any harm to the hard drive if software is frequently used ? i m unsure about it .. so plz do reply

Regards

Advertisements

SRX660

SRX660

motto - Just get-er-done

• Technician
  • 4,345 posts
I have had some success with ZAR( zero assumption recovery) trial version. The only problem with the trial is that you can only save 4 folders at a time so you have to keep running it over and over. The website says it will only recover digital images but i recovered doc's and other data in some folders. The full version is not cheap at $80 but i may buy it simply because i have had to try recovery on customer drives. Some data was lost due to being overwritten but zar does not write over the drive. I recovered near 70% on one drive where windows was reinstalled over itself and crashed to a constant reboot.

http://www.z-a-recovery.com/

SRX660

Edited by SRX660, 30 July 2006 - 07:56 AM.

Hellspawn

Hellspawn

• PipPip
  • 11 posts
I downloaded easy recovery pro from a recommendation and am 100% pleased with the results, I was able to recover 100% of the data from two different drives, one had a corrupt index/filesystem the other had all data erased.

http://www.ontrack.c...eryprofessional

The fill versions are pricey, but can you put a dollar amount on lost data?

No matter what data recovery software you choose, they will all be around the same price.

Good luck

digikiwi

digikiwi

• PipPipPip
  • 260 posts
GetDataBack by Runtime software worked like a charm for me. Easyish to use and it really saved my bacon.

Digikiwi

special-one

special-one

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 39 posts
Easy recovery pro is a great software, i have used it .. can anyone plz tell me "does these softwares cause any harm to hard drives if frequently used ?"