Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

drive lock password forgotten and lost

• Please log in to reply

lanedv6

lanedv6

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I cannot acess my hard drive because like an idiot i set my drive lock password and forgot it,and now i cant do nothing with my computer.I was hoping there was something i can do to fix the problem or bypass it or something.I would be extremly greatfull for any help.This is so frustrating

Advertisements

austin_o

austin_o

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 2,089 posts
Hi and welcome to Geeks to Go. I am sorry to say that it doesn't look good. You didn't say what kind of computer or hard drive it is, but at HP I found this: Drive Lock
The Drive Lock password protects the data on your hard drive through encryption. If your computer is stolen, the data on the hard drive is inaccessible without the Drive Lock password. This password can not be reset. If it is lost or forgotten, the hard drive must be replaced. Please contact HP to order a new hard drive. This service is not covered by the warranty. (http://h10025.www1.h...cname=c00375284)

Try some google searches, you may do better than I did. Also, have you tried contacting the manufacturer about a possible "back door" ??

lanedv6

lanedv6

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
well i was afraid id have to replace the hard drive,but i appreciate the help,thanks a million