Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Blue Screen of Death

• Please log in to reply

other hemal

other hemal

• Pip
  • 2 posts
am getting frequent Blue screens on my Inspirron 6000 running on Windows XP Media Centre SP 2.
The Message is
STOP:0x000000F4 (0x00000003,0x86432DA0,86432F14,0x805C749A)

Could some body tell me what this error means

Advertisements

Pi rules

Pi rules

• PipPipPip
  • 634 posts
Welcome! :whistling:

I'm assuming that you didn't do anything with the hard drive like switch the jumpers, right? Was the notebook dropped at all?

Try Dell's Diagnostic tool here make sure to download the ISO file, then burn it to a CD with whatever program you may have (probably Nero). Pay particular attention to the hard drive results. You will need to configure your computer to boot from the CD. I believe the button is F2 to enter CMOS Setup, but it should say near the bottom of the screen while your computer is starting up.

The hexidecimal numbers inside the parenthesis are called parameters. In this case, the first one, 0x03 means that it was caused by a process.
When you get this, does it list a certain file? Do you have more than one antivirus program installed?

Also, did you recently add any hardware/software/drivers?

jaxisland

jaxisland

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,703 posts
0x000000F4: CRITICAL_OBJECT_TERMINATION
One of the many processes or threads crucial to system operation has unexpectedly exited or been terminated. As a result, the system can no longer function. Specific causes are many, and often best resolved by a careful history of the problem and the circumstances of the error message. One user, who experienced this on return from Standby mode on Win XP SP2, found the cause was that Windows was installed on a slave drive; compare KB 330100.

The above info can be found at http://www.aumha.org/win5/kbestop.php

Microsoft has information at: http://support.micro...kb;en-us;330100

other hemal

other hemal

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Welcome! :whistling:

I'm assuming that you didn't do anything with the hard drive like switch the jumpers, right? Was the notebook dropped at all?

Notebook was not dropped

Try Dell's Diagnostic tool here make sure to download the ISO file, then burn it to a CD with whatever program you may have (probably Nero). Pay particular attention to the hard drive results. You will need to configure your computer to boot from the CD. I believe the button is F2 to enter CMOS Setup, but it should say near the bottom of the screen while your computer is starting up.

I ran Dell Diagnostics and ran Extended Hard Drive test and it passed the test.

The hexidecimal numbers inside the parenthesis are called parameters. In this case, the first one, 0x03 means that it was caused by a process.
When you get this, does it list a certain file? Do you have more than one antivirus program installed?

I have only Mcafee installed

Also, did you recently add any hardware/software/drivers?

I added Microsoft office & Yahoo Messenger

Pi rules

Pi rules

• PipPipPip
  • 634 posts
I would try backing up your Yahoo! Messenger settings if they are essential and then uninstall it. Restart and see if it works. Also, try testing the memory with one of the two tools listed in my signature (2nd line).

Is a file listed when you get the BSOD?

Also, is MS Office the beta version? If so, try uninstalling it (after proving/disproving that it is Yahoo! Messenger).

You could also try "Last Known Good Configuration". Press F8 a few times before the Windows boot screen (black screen with Windows logo and progress bar) appears. You'll get a menu with "Last Known Good Configuration" on it. If nothing else works and you pass the memory test, you could also try a System Restore from before the problem occurred.