Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Wi-Fi Net keeps dropping and then coming back, always at a low signal

• Please log in to reply

JacqueK

JacqueK

• PipPip
  • 38 posts
I have a Belkin G router, and it worked wonderfully for quite some time. However about a month ago it started acting stupid, dropping signal at random, sometimes picking it back up at a really low speed, sometimes not picking it back up at all. I've had to reinstall the router software at least twice a week, as that's the only way that I can get the signal to pick back up.

I know that I should just buy a new router of a different brand, but financially that's not an option for a little while. So I'd really like to make this work if possible.

Advertisements

Ang Hwee Ling

Ang Hwee Ling

• PipPip
  • 12 posts
You can try getting a repeater.

SuperSam

SuperSam

• PipPipPip
  • 693 posts
Does the router have a "Diag" light on it? If so does this light up/flash when the signal is lost/dropped? Infact, does any light flash or light up when the signal is dropped?