my hard drive. I go up to post#30: I tried taking out my hard drive and installing it as an
external drive via USB to another computer. My problem goes on because the working
computer (with a good XP system) does not recognize the damage drive. I here the bells
sound when I plug in the USB, and the light at the external hard drive enclosure blicks
back and foward from yellow to red. So I'm back to post#22 for step 4. (see topic No. 117127)
Our strategy for recovering your files:
1. Change internal hard drive into an external one.
2. Attach it to a working computer
3. If it is successfully recognized, simply transfer files.
4. If not, run repair programs.
5. If still not, use recovery programs
6. If still not, use quick format and then recovery programs.
7. If still not...that's it. Nothing else we can do.
My questions are: how can I get to read the damaged hard drive as an external one?
What repair/recovery programs will do it? The hard disk won't ´come up and I
don't have access to it.
I have tried every else mentioned before, with the windows cd reinstallation, recovery
console, repair, and chkdsk /r; extracting/coping the vgaoem file, etc. but nothing does it.
I just want to recover my files by changing my internal hard drive into an external one.
But it is not successfully recognized, and I can't simply transfer my files.
Any help for this nightmare, thanks.