Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

My Computer is fast, but freezes

• Please log in to reply

myfastcompisfreezing

myfastcompisfreezing

• Pip
  • 5 posts
Hey, thanks to whoever responds to this, i appreciate it ALOT!!!!. The thing is this, i've got a very fast computer, not the newest ever, but it has 1 GB of memory, which is just about all it takes, & i have the fastest wireless internet. I am very satisfied with how fast my computer is, how quickly it surfs the internet, & how fast it downloads things, but the freezing drives me crazy!!!!! I'm also constantly keeping it safe with all of my antivirus/cleaning programs. But for some reason, it constantly freezes, when my other computer, which is alot slower NEVER freezes at all. I do about the same exact things on each computer so i don't know how to fix this problem. I was wondering if maybe there was something i could buy to maybe cool my computer down & keep it running easier, but i have no idea if there's something like that. I do have a Large DVD to IPOD program that might be what makes my computer so slow, plus itunes & msn messenger live & Morpheus but i don't have too many programs, so what's the matter with my computer? PLEASE LET ME KNOW if you have any idea that could help me. THANK YOU VERY MUCH & please reply as soon as possible.

Edited by myfastcompisfreezing, 29 July 2006 - 09:08 PM.

Advertisements

myfastcompisfreezing

myfastcompisfreezing

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
Hey, thanks to whoever responds to this, i appreciate it ALOT!!!!. The thing is this, i've got a very fast computer, not the newest ever, but it has 1 GB of memory, which is just about all it takes, & i have the fastest wireless internet. I am very satisfied with how fast my computer is, how quickly it surfs the internet, & how fast it downloads things, but the freezing drives me crazy!!!!! I'm also constantly keeping it safe with all of my antivirus/cleaning programs. But for some reason, it constantly freezes, when my other computer, which is alot slower NEVER freezes at all. I do about the same exact things on each computer so i don't know how to fix this problem. I was wondering if maybe there was something i could buy to maybe cool my computer down & keep it running easier, but i have no idea if there's something like that. I do have a Large DVD to IPOD program that might be what makes my computer so slow, plus itunes & msn messenger live & Morpheus but i don't have too many programs, so what's the matter with my computer? PLEASE LET ME KNOW if you have any idea that could help me. THANK YOU VERY MUCH & please reply as soon as possible.

myfastcompisfreezing

myfastcompisfreezing

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Guest_rushin1nd_*

Guest_rushin1nd_*
have you tried to disable ypur dvd or ipod at start up you should try diabling them one at a time try the dvd first if thats not it try the ipod next that way you could rule out those 2 for possible freezing

does your computer freeze when you use dvd or ipod try to be more specific

myfastcompisfreezing

myfastcompisfreezing

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
My Comp will usually freeze when a program that takes up lots of ram, like the ipod converter & another smaller program run at the same time, but it has also frozen alot when itunes or msn live is running

Guest_rushin1nd_*

Guest_rushin1nd_*
Have you tried Ctrl Alt And Delete to see whats running in your task bar

are you sure you got enough ram

myfastcompisfreezing

myfastcompisfreezing

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
Yeah, but i pretty much know now what it is now, i talked to a tech, i'm pretty sure it's either overheating, insufficient power or i might just need to clean out my computer, thanks for replying!!