Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

Error 711

• Please log in to reply

• Pip
  • 3 posts

A freind has a new second hand computer, and asked me to help setup a new internet connection, the internal modem in his puter is working ok but I cant add it and get the error 711 when I try.

He doesnt have the install disk for win xp professional or I would just reformat the computer and the only way I can see to get round the problem is to edit the registry, after researching the prob it may have been caused by the previous owner having win xp home installed adding service pack one then upgrading to win xp pro and the registry somehow getting corrupted. My prob is what entries to delete. I have tried starting telephony and auto connection manager and get error 5 and 1068.