Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Radeon x700 Not Responding

• Please log in to reply

Longhorns242

Longhorns242

• PipPipPip
  • 137 posts
Today i got a new case and new motherboard..There is a sensor right below the graphics card that has a reading of 80 celsius. My GPU then stops responding and resets itself (ATI Catalyst software has this program called VPU where if ur graphics card stops responding it resets it self) when it resets it will work fine for about 3/5 min before reseting it self again. Process continues only the reset time gets shorter to about every 30 seconds. This only hapens when i play games (Halo, F.E.A.R., Counter-Strike Source) does anyone know what this means?

Advertisements

kidnova

kidnova

• PipPipPip
  • 424 posts
80 degrees celcius is really hot. You need to add some type of fan or liquid cooling system to your graphics card because it sounds like it is sending your system into thermal protection. It only happens when you are playing games because they are by far the most graphic intesive programs.

Longhorns242

Longhorns242

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 137 posts
i found out that the fan on the graphics card wasent working. So i went online and will this replace the stock heatsink for my radeon x700 http://www.compusa.c...n...8&pfp=srch1

BlackPandemic

BlackPandemic

• PipPipPip
  • 678 posts
I am 80% sure that BFG makes nVidia cards so probably not. I would look at getting a Zalman just because they make amazing cooling devices. Newegg has tons of different ones. If you decide to get an aftermarket cooler, make sure that it will fit your card (all the Zalman's have a list of compatable cards and ones it will not work with).

Another plus to Zalman, they are all (or most) under $50!

Longhorns242

Longhorns242

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 137 posts
i bought a zalman vf900 today works great.

BlackPandemic

BlackPandemic

• PipPipPip
  • 678 posts
Glad to hear :whistling: