Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Yahoo! vs GMail

• Please log in to reply

Matt L

Matt L

• PipPipPip
  • 275 posts
GMail obviously has the most space, but I'm having problems deciding which I should use.

Advertisements

s.elements

s.elements

• Pip
  • 7 posts
It's no contest. Gmail is WAY better than Yahoo. With Yahoo you have to pay extra for POP3 support and message forwarding, but with Gmail's those things are free. Not to mention the ability to IM your contacts straight from within Gmail, and skins to customize its look. Among several other things. I've used both extensively, and trust me when I say Gmail is better.

Matt L

Matt L

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 275 posts
Thanks.

Steamhead

Steamhead

Visiting Staff

• PipPipPip
  • 519 posts
i use Gmail and love it. Everything is good for me except for the fact you can't send or recieve .exe attachments. but I completely understand why...

*Steamhead adds a tick for Gmail

solshne

solshne

• Pip
  • 6 posts
I've been using Gmail since the Beta version first came out & LOVE it - I keep my yahoo & hotmail accounts for signing up for things/gamesites then go in monthly & delete the junk mail received... :whistling:

Edited by solshne, 31 July 2006 - 01:17 PM.

weegerm

weegerm

• PipPip
  • 34 posts
I went to the Gmail site and cant find where it sign up. :whistling:

Steamhead

Steamhead

Visiting Staff

• PipPipPip
  • 519 posts
pm me your email address and i will send you an invitation

Johanna

Johanna

The Leather Lady

• 3,038 posts
GMail is a much better choice for functionality, but if you need further convincing, compare Yahoo's and Google's privacy policies.
Johanna