Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Paint Shop Pro 8

• Please log in to reply

Onestep

Onestep

• PipPipPip
  • 209 posts
I installed Paint Shop Pro (8.10) but when I go to click on it, it comes up but a small message comes with it saying "Failed to update the system registry,please try using REGEDIT." Then I click OK and the message goes away. But I would like to get it right. I went up to the registry but I wasn't sure what to do. Anybody got any ideas? Any and all help greatly appreciated. Many thanks and God Bless.

Advertisements

pip22

pip22

Trusted Tech

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,663 posts
You did right to leave the Registry alone. My advice at this stage would be to uninstall PSP8, temporarily disable your antivirus software, close any other applications, then re-install PSP8. Worth a try and it won't do any harm.

Onestep

Onestep

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 209 posts
Have tried everything. Think I just might restore the system again in hopes it gets it right. Many thanks to all and God Bless.