Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL... NVTCP.SYS

• Please log in to reply

Mrworf

Mrworf

• Pip
  • 4 posts
Hi i am getting BSOD

DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
nvtcp.sys address f449cAB6 base at F449A000

and sometime it comes up with BAD POOL CALLER

I have a amd 3500 venice socket 939 on a AN8 SLI motherboard with nvidia chipset, 1 gig of ram (2x512)
a asus en6200 turbo cache 256mb graphics card. running windows xp professional (not 64). I have two harddrives 1x ide and 1x sata, the ide runs the operating system

I have removed the and reinstalled the graphics and chipset drivers this didnt work so I have since reformated the Hard drive and reinstalled everything with the latest up to date drivers from scratch but it still keeps crashing with the same message DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL. Microsoft help were useless didnt have an answer, Nvidia sent me a list of check program for memory and cpu.
Memory www.memtest86.com checked the memory and said ok
also ran prime95 cpu checker for a month and it was clear also.

Can you help me please

Advertisements

Ang Hwee Ling

Ang Hwee Ling

• PipPip
  • 12 posts
Hmm... from a Google search, it seems like there are some problems with nVidia drivers.

One of the them suggested downloading their standalone drivers, instead of the whole package.

nVidia driver problems

Nikul

Nikul

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 204 posts
http://www.nforcersh...ic.php?p=479590

Mrworf

Mrworf

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
thank you i will give it a go, i tried a forum search for bsod and the driver etc etc but it didnt bring this link up, probably a user error LOL
thanks again