Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

IM IN TROUBLE! NEED HELP ASAP!

• Please log in to reply

DOH!

DOH!

• PipPipPip
  • 142 posts
Well guys, I was moving items from one folder to another, and I am going to be deadly honest with you.. It was a book I have been writing, and just completed after a year and some odd months. For whatever reason, the lack of sleep, or foolishness, they were deleted. I searched high and low for a program that would restore my files, and I found one, but I could only recovery 5 files and then was prompted to buy it to restore everything.

I was curious, if this program is able to restore files/ect is there a way to do it by hand? Or must I really buy this program for $65.00, to only use it once?

Is there another program I should try? Is there a walk through to manually restore folders/files?

-- Also if this is not the right forums, feel free to move this, I need help ASAP. I have very few days to get this to the publisher.

:whistling:

Advertisements

help meee

help meee

• PipPip
  • 37 posts
have you tryed the program tuneup?
if not i would recomand it..
contact me at my msn and ill help you..
(posting email addys on the forum will attract SPAM)

Neverfly

Neverfly

• Pip
  • 6 posts
if the last person cant help-i have an undelete program as well-though i reccomend you have multiple drives on your pc to use it-im at (posting email addys on the forum attracts SPAM) if you need a hand---ill be wandering around looking for help with a problem myself:P

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
Hi DOH!...

You might give Restoration a try. It's freeware and won't ask you to buy it to finish the recovery.

wannabe1

DOH!

DOH!

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 142 posts
Well thanks for the help thusfar guys. Usually don't see a response that fast. My TuneUP trial period has ended, so I can no longer use that. I downloaded the program you recommended wannabe1, and it works. The only bummer is that you have to do it file by file, and I have 5k files I need returned.

I am talking to neverfly right now, going to see if he cant help me out a little more.

Thanks guys, and any more recommendations would be nice.

help meee

help meee

• PipPip
  • 37 posts

Well thanks for the help thusfar guys. Usually don't see a response that fast. My TuneUP trial period has ended, so I can no longer use that. I downloaded the program you recommended wannabe1, and it works. The only bummer is that you have to do it file by file, and I have 5k files I need returned.

I am talking to neverfly right now, going to see if he cant help me out a little more.

Thanks guys, and any more recommendations would be nice.

your trial to tuneup has ended, speak to me on my msn i posted before, if you want to use it again...

DOH!

DOH!

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 142 posts
Alrighty, I will be chatting with you in a minute good sir.