Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Admin Password Problems

• Please log in to reply

doire

doire

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 210 posts

If you take the data off, using boot and nuke adds 8 hours for a 200GB drive but makes sure the drive is as clean as possible

If you run a repair install it should resolve any issues, yours didn't, so it could be wise to comprehensively wipe the drive

Yes but wiping the drive can be done by loading on the image i took of the drive using Acronis True Image can it not?

Is it worth my while taking the image then loading it back on again if the reason i couldnt logon was a software issue?

The user wants all his data and programs saved....thats why i took the image.

Advertisements

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Try it to see how it does

doire

doire

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 210 posts
Hi keith,

Well i did another Repair. And was able to try and logon. The account had been locked out so i used another admin password and went into Admin Tools in Control Panel and found my way to Users...click on Administrator and unticked the box next to "Account locked out".

Now able to log on!!! :whistling:

Thanks for any help you gave me.

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Good one