Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

New Laptop

• Please log in to reply

bwillford

bwillford

• PipPip
  • 27 posts
Ive been looking around for a new laptop and the best prices i seem to have been able to find have been the compaq/hps and the toshibas. Which one of these do you guys think would be the better buy.. advantages/disadvantages between both of these makes would be very useful.. Thanks..

Advertisements

†Gladiator†

†Gladiator†

• PipPipPip
  • 321 posts
I tend to run from compaqs, just cause of horror stories i heard and experienced. they are pretty cheap, so that's the advantage and a disadvantage. HP's custome service is pretty good. Toshiba on the other hand is very nice, but you pay more for it a lot more. It also depends on what you are looking for in the laptop. If you just need it to get on the internet and type up a few documents, a compaq/hp will do fine. If you want a desktop replacement laptop then look into toshiba's

fructose

fructose

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 284 posts
I would recomend going to New Egg and looking at their collection of laptops. I got my wife an Acer laptop a while back, and I am very pleased with it. The smaller names won't put as much crapware on their computer, and generally work just as well as a brand name.