Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Task Manager MIA

• Please log in to reply

Neverfly

Neverfly

• Pip
  • 6 posts
I had MXZ.exe DLL pop up virus on my machine-i cleaned the virus BUT it disables Task Manager etc. to prevent disruption-i re-enabled command prompt BUT ive tried EVERYTHING to get Task Manager up and nothing works-im using ( a certain anti-virus product :whistling: ) to observe my running processes but i need task manager back. as well as it just BUGS me if my computers not at peak <blush> can anyone help me figure this out?

Advertisements

Pi rules

Pi rules

• PipPipPip
  • 634 posts
I would still recommend placing a HijackThis log in the Malware Removal forum just to make sure that everything is cleaned up. Please read this before you post a HijackThis log (instructions), and please post your log here in the malware removal forum

There are several methods to fix this problem here. Good luck! :whistling: