Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Cyberpower PC

• Please log in to reply

apritske

apritske

• PipPip
  • 45 posts
So I purchased a configuration from them last week.

Right now I'm sweating a little bit because of all the negative opinions I've read - like real nightmarish customer service stuff. I decided to gamble and order from them anyways - but I'm still worried.

I know some of you on here have had experience with them in the past. Can you allay my fears a little or should I gird myself for a reaming when I get my machine?

Advertisements

GameMakerThomas

GameMakerThomas

• PipPip
  • 42 posts
50% of people said that their Cyberpower PC arrived with problems. 50%. (according to PC World)

However, if you have any problems, feel free to ask here. We can probably fix most hardware problems.

BlackPandemic

BlackPandemic

• PipPipPip
  • 678 posts
I think that 50% were just picky. I got mine early with no problems, after calling and telling them to change the video card. If there are problems, they have a pretty good warranty program and can send back either the whole thing or parts of it and have new ones sent back.

apritske

apritske

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 45 posts
What worries me most is their F from the Better Business Bureau. Of course, this doesn't mean too much because that F is based on, apparently, five complaints and the only people that file with the BBB are very very disgruntled customers.

I don't know..

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
Thats the problem people are inherantly lazy especially the kind of people that buy pre made custom systems(rather than spend the small amount of time it takes to build the things) so unless they mess up badly nobody is going to complain. Also unfortunately in the US there is little choice when it comes to custom PC builders.

Doesnt take alot of work to build a PC most people if they read the instruntions before hand and do there homework it takes no time at all to build a PC.

Youll probably be fine with a little luck, if you arent confident in the company read up and just build it yourself.

apritske

apritske

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 45 posts
Hey now,

I ordered from them for convenience, not because I'm lazy. I work fulltime and I want a good machine by the time I go back to school. Between my girlfriend, my job, and the little free time I get, how would you propose I accumulate enough time to read about, understand, shop for, and assemble a good computer by the end of August taking into account the fact that I know next to nothing about computer harware outside of the research I did for this order?

Don't assume you know everything about peoples' experience and personal situations.

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
If you know enough to order the system and which parts to pick you know enough to buy parts from a store its essentially the same process as ordering a custom they just send the parts in bits, the only thing you really NEED to read is the mobo manual its like the bible for the soon to be computer it contains all the instructions for everything. It takes about 45minutes to an hour to build a PC another 45 minutes to an hour to install software and OS. No time at all my first system longest time involved in any one thing was getting the wireless internet set up.

Doesnt matter what kind of personal situation its not many people that cant afford two hours or three hours to put together a machine considering you spend half an hour to an hour setting up a custom machine anyway its not all that much time. Thats the time most people will spend watching telly or doing random stuff during the day and its a just as fun and a rewarding process.

Its not hard its actually very easy if you can build a bit of lego or mechano you can build a PC the most technical skills are knowing how to screw stuff in and follow instructions. If it was hard and required a considerable input of time i wouldnt have mentioned it.

I didnt say your lazy i just said most people are to lazy to bother to write comments and the general fact many are competent enough to build just cant be bothered for whatever reason, it wasnt about you for all i know you could be a half blind guy with one finger on each hand and thus incapable of building a PC.

apritske

apritske

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 45 posts
Well, whether or not that was directed at me, on further thought, and on reflection fo the fact that I'm not a 100% confident that I'm going to recieve the highest quality product, I've canceled my order with Cyberpower.

Not for nothing but you're absolutely right, if you don't know if it's being done right, do it yourself.

GameMakerThomas

GameMakerThomas

• PipPip
  • 42 posts
If you need any help building, contact us. The mobo manual I received with my first build had no instructions whatsoever, but I got it done in a few hours.

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
Manuals can be obtained online in multiple languages, if your selected mobos manual is you feel lacking look for the similar chipset version from MSI one of the reasons i like the boards so much is the documentation supplied is top notch and covers installation of the components very well as well as a good bit on OS instalation.