Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

I can't get My Computer to open

• Please log in to reply

RaginMav

RaginMav

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Background: A couple days ago I had the task manager window open, on the Processes Tab. Being a natural clutz, I bumped the the mouse (I must have right clicked a process and managed to click 'end process') When the dialog box opened to warn me of potential problems with ending processes, I clicked ok before reading it (only to just then realize what I had done ;) )

I don't know what process I ended.

Whenever I try to open My Computer or My Network Places (there may be other problems I don't know about) my pc begins thinking for a few seconds, then a dialog box pops up "Dr. Watson Postmortem Debugger has encountered a problem and needs to close blah blah blah"

I click ok, but my pc freezes. I reboot and everything's ok until I try to access My Compter/My Network Places.

I've tried several reboots, cannot run system restore, turned it off months ago. :) :tazz:

PLEASE AND THANKS!!!!!!! ;)

Advertisements

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
I don't think the two events are related

Please read the following post, which offers good advice.

http://www.geekstogo...ems-t11843.html