Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Call of Duty 2 installer

• Please log in to reply

pdoherty09

pdoherty09

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I had Call of Duty 2 installed and I uninstalled then decided I wanted it back. I went to go reinstall and I click Install and a message pops up "This setup will perform an upgrade of ". Do you want to continue?" So I click yes and its stops at the Call of Duty 2 Installshield. I have deleted all of the Call of Duty 2 and Activision files I could find in the registry using Ctrl + f . I have also deleted all of the CoD2 files on my computer. Can any1 help me?

EDIT: I got past the pop up and it ran and did something not sure what it did. Then I ran the installer and it goes through the Installshield wizard and then doesn't do anything.
The first time I ran it, the installer started but when I clicked next a message came up "Error: Cd-key check."

Edited by pdoherty09, 31 July 2006 - 01:54 PM.

Advertisements

MoViEsTaR

MoViEsTaR

• PipPip
  • 26 posts

I had Call of Duty 2 installed and I uninstalled then decided I wanted it back. I went to go reinstall and I click Install and a message pops up "This setup will perform an upgrade of ". Do you want to continue?" So I click yes and its stops at the Call of Duty 2 Installshield. I have deleted all of the Call of Duty 2 and Activision files I could find in the registry using Ctrl + f . I have also deleted all of the CoD2 files on my computer. Can any1 help me?

EDIT: I got past the pop up and it ran and did something not sure what it did. Then I ran the installer and it goes through the Installshield wizard and then doesn't do anything.
The first time I ran it, the installer started but when I clicked next a message came up "Error: Cd-key check."

Make sure your cd is clean first and insert your cd and quit the auto start menu.... go to 'my computer' and right click on the 'cod2' image in your cd drive and then click on 'explore'.
In here you will see the install sheild image called 'Setup' and try installing it from that.

Let me know if you still get the same error and ill talk you through a manual install.

Edited by MoViEsTaR, 31 July 2006 - 03:23 PM.