Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

RAM UPGRADE DELL INSPIRON 4000

• Please log in to reply

tedza

tedza

• Pip
  • 5 posts
MY LAPTOP WILL NOT BOOT ,THE LEDs BLINK SEVERAL TIMES WHEN I TRY TO TURN IT ON AND SWITCHES ITSELF OFF.THIS IS AFTTER I INSTALLED 2X256MB SODIMM PC133 RAM .ORIGINALLY IT HAD 1X128MB PC100 IN ONE OF ITS MEMORY BANKS.
CAN SOMEONE TELL ME WHAT THE PROBLEM IS? IS THERE SOMETHING I AM NOT DOIMG? WHEN I PUT BACK THE 128MB STICK IT WORKS FINE.I LOOKED AT CRUCIAL AND THEY SAID MY INSPIRON WOULD WORK WITH THE 144 PIN SODIMMS UP TO 512 MB.

MY LAPTOP IS A DELL INSPIRON 4000,INTEL CELERON 700MHZ,10GB HDD.
[color=#3366FF]

Advertisements

jaxisland

jaxisland

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,703 posts
I use this site to upgrade ram and they are saying pc100 it may be your problem.

http://www.memory-up...spx?modelid=218

Good luck

fructose

fructose

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 284 posts
It could be that the memory thatyou bought isn't compatable with the laptop. jaxisland's link will help you get exactly what you want.

Sometimes PC133 memory will work on PC100 systems, but there's no guarantee. I'd get some PC100 memory making sure they are 3.3-V SODIMMs. Anything else probably won't work.