Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Blue screen error

• Please log in to reply

cynlauper

cynlauper

• Pip
  • 5 posts
I have a Toshiba laptop and today it started to display this blue screen with an error code of 0x0000f4. Now my computer will not start up it just keeps rebooting itself. Please help do not know what to do!

Advertisements

Tru Techie

Tru Techie

• PipPipPip
  • 267 posts
k when computer is booting press F8 multiple times to go into this boot selection screen. then go down to Disable Auto Reboot on Error. and then start windows normally. then when the error comes up, it will display the WHOLE error. and tell us what that error is, ALL of it. and then we can help you.

cynlauper

cynlauper

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
ok did that now when restarting UNMOUNTABLE_BOOT_VOLUME

Technical info:

0x000000ED (0x82391900, 0x000000e, 0x00000000, 0x00000000)

Now what?

cynlauper

cynlauper

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
Is that all you need or do you need more that is all I have, of course it said the normal stuff like your system isn't working properly etc..... What should I do now?

Tru Techie

Tru Techie

• PipPipPip
  • 267 posts
well, can u just give us the entire error.

cynlauper

cynlauper

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
Oh by the way this hard drive was replaced a few months ago... I saw a post about replacing the cable with an 80 pin cable but this is a laptop

Tru Techie

Tru Techie

• PipPipPip
  • 267 posts
um.....wat? do you mean its a fresh install of XP on your laptop?

cynlauper

cynlauper

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
ok it is working for now, that was the exact error that I posted so I removed the hard drive, re-installed it and ran chkdisc and all seems to be fine now.

Could it have been a bad connection on the hard drive pins? Is there something else I should do?

Thanks for all your help

Tiffani

Tru Techie

Tru Techie

• PipPipPip
  • 267 posts
if that worked, it was most likely a loose cable.