Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

100% CPU Usage Installing Game

• Please log in to reply

Longhorns242

Longhorns242

• PipPipPip
  • 137 posts
Today i was trying to install command and conquer generals after i got my new comp running and when i tried to install it and listen to music at the same time the music started going super slow and like it was chopped and screwd almost. I exited winamp and looked at cpu usage and its at 100% ive never seen this before.??????????????????

Advertisements

digikiwi

digikiwi

• PipPipPip
  • 260 posts

when i tried to install it and listen to music at the same time

You know how they always recommend to exit all other windows before installing... :whistling:
Yeah, I usually ignore it too and keep working but sometimes it will backfire and bite you in the [bleep]-
uming that your computer has been rebooted :- have you tried uninstalling C&C and then reinstalling it with everything else closed?

Try that and if the problem persists then let us know and we'll dig deeper. :blink:

Digikiwi

Longhorns242

Longhorns242

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 137 posts
yes it works when i close everything. but i have never had this problem before it just started.

digikiwi

digikiwi

• PipPipPip
  • 260 posts
All problems start somewhere... It is possible that WinAmp and the Game drivers had some sort of conflict. My computer has issues with running itunes and inserting an audio CD - it shuts down instantly - for instance.
Software and drivers can get corrupted, just like hardware can futz out. See if you can replicate the problem by running both apps together.

Longhorns242

Longhorns242

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 137 posts
when i play gnerals and listen to music it works fine...could it because i didnt reinstall windows when i got a new motherboard i just loaded the new drives on top of my old ones.