Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Missing Boot Agent= World Of Warcraft Freezing after 1 Minute?!

• Please log in to reply

Duragon88

Duragon88

• PipPip
  • 39 posts
Hey guys back again

Got a new problem......was playing my World of Warcraft game when it froze.....it has never done that before by the way. When I went to reboot it gave me the standard gateway screen and then went to a black screen in which it stated;

1. Intel ® Boot Agent FE v. 4.1.10
Copyright © 1997-2003, Intel Corporation

2. Intel ® Boot Agent PxE Base Code (BA1210BC-GW1)
Copyright © 1997-2003, Intel Corporation

3. Client Mac ADDR: 00 07 E9 52 2C D7
Guid: 0007E952 2CD7 2003 0925 130023000000
DHCP....../ (which rotates)

Then it says boot agent cannot be found. Starting windows.

I was just wondering if this could possibly be the reason why my game is not working, cause frankly I pay for the thing and I can't stand Blizzard's tech support . Unfotunately, I just did a major overhaul with virus scans.....so I don't think that is going to be the answer here. I have also done the self repair built into the game and that has gotten me nowhere, i have tried re-installing the game (this game also does not need CD's to actually play it), and i have done various updates to graphic cards and drives.
Any help with this situation would be greatly appreciated.

-Thanks Alot

-Duragon

Advertisements

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,591 posts
1)update your nic drivers
2)boot agent is an item sometimes used by corporations. Boot from ethernet. This can be change via bios settings (I know dells support this with the intel intergrated nics). see ifyou system has the option to do so.
You want it to say pxe off.

Duragon88

Duragon88

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 39 posts
Ok not trying to be an idiot....lol but nic driver and where do I go to change the bios settings to turn pxe off?

-Thanks

-Duragon