Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

New System

• Please log in to reply

zestron

zestron

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 334 posts
I really feel like Professional is a good idea because I don't plan to get Vista.
Other than that, does my system seem okay?

Advertisements

†Gladiator†

†Gladiator†

• PipPipPip
  • 321 posts
here's the difference between pro and home, personally i don't think you will notice any difference. (even the bootscrs are the same after sp2) Unless you are running a business pro is just not worth the extra$$.

http://www.winsupers...xp_home_pro.asp

I'd disagree on the negative comments no vista, i am now using beta 2 as my main operating system and it's great, as long as you have a decent proc and 2 gigs of ram it will run smoothly. Sure some incompatability issues remain but dual booting with XP is a solution. Vista is the future and you'd be suprised how much you will like it.

I owne a Sonata II and it's an amazing case, the smart power 2.0 450 can handle anything you throw at it, the led in front is very bright. Their customer support programer is top notch I got a response by email in 2 hrs, you are covered for 3 yrs on all parts. I would suggest that you purchase an extra 120mm fan for the case to cool down the HD. Just be aware that if you are planning to get some big CPU hsf (Like the Zalman 7700 or 9500,) it's gonna be a tight fit and installation will require the removal of the psu.

zestron

zestron

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 334 posts
Okay, i'll get a CoolerMaster 120MM BLUE LED Fan 22dBA 1220RPM but im not sure it will be for HD. I still think i'll stick with Professional because i'm not getting Vista.

OTHER THAN THAT is everything okay?

cnthies

cnthies

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Well folks, price shouldnt always be the only factor. I say customer service. I found a small online outfit if its not on the website the guy gets it for you. Great customer service and always delivers! www.netuplink.net

zestron

zestron

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 334 posts
LET ME REPEAT MY SELF. IS EVERYTHING OKAY OTHER THAN THAT??????

zestron

zestron

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 334 posts
1) What heatsink do I need?
2) What kind of fan do I need?
3) Is everyting okay other than my OS?

Tru Techie

Tru Techie

• PipPipPip
  • 267 posts
can u give me a revised list of ur parts.

this is the heatsink u want

http://www.newegg.co...N82E16835118003

any 120mm fan would do......
http://www.newegg.co...N82E16811998121

zestron

zestron

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 334 posts
I think my CPU comes with one becuase it says it comes with it's retial box.
My Signature is up to date. Check it.

Edited by zestron, 07 August 2006 - 10:35 AM.

†Gladiator†

†Gladiator†

• PipPipPip
  • 321 posts
yes cpu's always come with stock hsf, but stock means aluminum which means hot and noisy. The CNPS9500 is amazing, (got one in my Sonata II) ncix has it for a lot less, plus the price is already in cdn. Before you buy plz go check on the zalman website for compatibility with mobo.
nvm i did it for u and it doesn't say anything about your mobo, but judging from the K8N series your mobo should fit. If you don't mind the noise and don't plan to overclock the Stock heatsink and fan is more than enough. 60 dollars is a lot for a chunk of pretty copper.

My second fan in the case was supplied to me by antec, i called them up and said that i wanted a second fan, and they mailed one to me free of charge. It's the antec tricool 120 mm which has the speed controls on them and is very handy. the rubber screwes that comes with the fan gets rid of vibration and keep everything quiet. Make sure the dvd drive you buy is black... cause the casse is black. And becareful not to put any scratches onto the case, it has a beautiful piano black reflective finish.

Anyways good luck with your new build and don't forget a surge protector is a good investment to guard your newly built machine, get one at futureshop for around 20 dollars. Adios and happy computing.

zestron

zestron

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 334 posts
Today, I placed my order for my new system. I should have it in 5-7 days. I have forgot the second fan for now but I will most likley get one very soon. I look forward to gaming with you guys. My current gaming names are ElementalDemon (Warcraft III FT), Zestron, PetervG, and I may think of another. At the store I had to pay a $120 discount! Wow! Oh well. As long as I get a working gaming rig before the summers over. I'll egt back to you once I get the system and try stuff out.

Peter out!

Advertisements

Tru Techie

Tru Techie

• PipPipPip
  • 267 posts
good luck man. tel me how the 7600GT turns out, im dying to know, cause im thinking of getting it.

zestron

zestron

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 334 posts
Okay, I'll inform how everyting runs and stuff. I'm sure it will work great.