Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

The Chronicles of Riddick (ESCAPE FROM BUTCHER BAY)

• Please log in to reply

cheyenne 09

cheyenne 09

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,258 posts
Hi GAME P.C GEEKS
:help: I have just got a new pc game and after installing the game and trying to play it I get two error messages the first is error this application requires graghics driver support for GL. 1.3 or higher. The second one is runtime error program... studio\riddick EFBB\system\win32-x86-SSE2\SBZ ENGINE.EXE This application has requested the runtime to terminate it in an unusual way. please contact the application support team for more information. I am learning what to do with computers so I have no idea what this means.so please can you help me as I have great help here with my computer problems over the last few months.Thanks for all the help. :whistling:

p.s my new graghics card is Geforce 6

Cheyenne 09 :blink:

Edited by cheyenne 09, 07 October 2006 - 12:41 PM.

Advertisements

BlackPandemic

BlackPandemic

• PipPipPip
  • 678 posts
Well the first one means that your video card driver doesn't have GL1.3 support. Do you have all the latest drivers installed?

Also, what are the rest of your specs?

cheyenne 09

cheyenne 09

Member 1K

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,258 posts

Well the first one means that your video card driver doesn't have GL1.3 support. Do you have all the latest drivers installed?

Also, what are the rest of your specs?

Hi blackpandemic
Thanks for your quick reply specs are graghics card NVIDIA GEFORCE 6 6200 256MB DDR AGP8X 64-bit dual ramdacs 400mhz microsoft directx 9.0 support it by pny technologies I also updated it after installing it. I am still learning so please give me step by step instructions thanks again. :whistling:

BlackPandemic

BlackPandemic

• PipPipPip
  • 678 posts
First, go here ( http://www.nvidia.co...p_2k_91.31.html ) and download that driver. That is the most recent, and what you may need as it adds OpenGL support for 2.0.

Dumb question, but have you tried just reinstalling the game? And is it a legit copy or is it used?

And by the rest of your specs, I meant I wanted to know your processor and how much RAM you have (which can be found by Right Clicking on MyComputer and choosing Properties...they should be in the lower right corner.)

cheyenne 09

cheyenne 09

Member 1K

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,258 posts
Hi blankpandemic
:whistling: Thanks for your reply the game came inside the graghics card box which I just bought so it is new it is legal and yes I have tried to reinstall it. the processor is 2.6G the ram is 512MB. when I installed it I just followed the next on the box. I also was reading the performance features and the last one on the list is openGL 2 optmizations and support so I didnt change anything after installing as i dont know how to as I am new to this and dont want to tamper with it so any help would be great please give it step by step instructions. Thanks again

BlackPandemic

BlackPandemic

• PipPipPip
  • 678 posts
At that weblink I posted, choose Primary Download Site (or one of the mirrors) and download the 91.31 driver (which is what the link is for). This should update your drivers, which may be the cause of your problems. Install that downloaded file and report back if the game works or not!

cheyenne 09

cheyenne 09

Member 1K

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,258 posts
Hi blackpandemic
I was trying to install a wireless router yesterday and had problems all day so sorry I couldn't get back to you. I downloaded the mirror and installed it but the game still wont play is there any way to get it to work. Thanks for all your help :whistling:

Edited by cheyenne 09, 03 August 2006 - 05:56 AM.

cheyenne 09

cheyenne 09

Member 1K

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,258 posts
Hi Forum
I am still having problems getting this game The Chronicles of Riddick (ESCAPE FROM BUTCHER BAY to work. I uninstalled it over a month ago and i have just reinstalled it and i have got two Error's so i took a screenshot's of them to see if that might help explain what's happening my screen resolution also changed just before the Error's appeared 640 by 480 pixels and it should be 1024 by 768 any help would be great Thank you

untitled_1C.JPG The Chronicles of Riddick (ESCAPE FROM BUTCHER BAY

:whistling: Cheyenne 09 :blink:

cheyenne 09

cheyenne 09

Member 1K

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,258 posts
Hi Forum
I have a Quick Question is there any web sites that you can recommend for Free Downloading of Adventure Games for the P.C -- IE.. Dungeon and Dragons type games or anything close to that Wizards or magic type thing. Thank you

:whistling: Cheyenne 09 :blink: