Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

A new cooler for a 7900GX2?

• Please log in to reply

avalix

avalix

• Pip
  • 8 posts
Hey all. today i manged to get a 7900GX2 for aropunf £270 in a clearence sale and i was wondering if there are any alternate air cooling devices i can get for the card as i have haerd it can be loud and very hot.

Advertisements

Tru Techie

Tru Techie

• PipPipPip
  • 267 posts
u mean the 7950gx2? im guessin thats wat it is. anywayz, just look for a zalman VGA cooler. although im not sure...should u get 2? i dont think 1 would fit between 2 cards.

BlackPandemic

BlackPandemic

• PipPipPip
  • 678 posts
Considering it's two cards there are no (at this time) aftermarket coolers. The reason it gets hot is because of the two cards pretty much touching eachother. Just make sure your case puts enough airflow over it to keep it from overheating.

avalix

avalix

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
right ok thanks. Ive manage to set up good air flow in the case with some proper wire management today so that should help out. also it is the 7900GX2. i know, i had to hack out half the case to get the bloody thing in ... :whistling:

Edited by avalix, 02 August 2006 - 08:09 PM.

BlackPandemic

BlackPandemic

• PipPipPip
  • 678 posts
That sucks. What did you hack exactly?

I just meant make sure it's near a fan somewhere, not destroy your case! Any problems just let us know!

avalix

avalix

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
lol it isnt as bad as it sound. i had to cut out a section of the hard drive bay. still got room to hold 3 drive anyway so it should be ok. yeah im got a new fan to stick in my cast that will just be under the card providing direct air to it so it should be ok. thanks for info =)

Tru Techie

Tru Techie

• PipPipPip
  • 267 posts
u might wanna get this
http://www.newegg.co...N82E16835118117

and put it on the outermost card to cool it.