Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Error's popping up at start up? Question?

• Please log in to reply

lovinlife2

lovinlife2

• PipPip
  • 28 posts
Hi I am getting these two window's that pop up when start my computer. I am not sure how they got originally deleted or what they are for? Please asking for help on how to either recover these programs or deleting all together. I have gone to microsoft.com and tried to search for the topics with no response. Any help appreicated. The messages are.

Error loading Zolk.dll

and

Windows can not find "c":\program files\common files\microsoft shared\web folders\ibm00001.exe" make sure you typed in the name correctly and try again.

These are the two messages that come up in two different windows. Any help to tell me what they are ...how to recover....or what to do.

Thank You,

Laura/Texas

Advertisements

Pi rules

Pi rules

• PipPipPip
  • 634 posts
Hello! :whistling:

Both of those errors are related to malware. Please read this for instructions on posting a HijackThis log, and please post it here in the malware removal forum.

Edit: That's good that the error messages came, it means that the files cannot be found to start, but you obviously still have traces of the malware, which I why I recommended a HijackThis log in the Malware Removal forum.

Edited by Pi rules, 01 August 2006 - 04:15 PM.

lovinlife2

lovinlife2

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts
Thank you! Will post in that forum.

Pi rules

Pi rules

• PipPipPip
  • 634 posts
Good luck! :whistling: They are really busy over there, so it may take a little bit, but they are very skilled at removing malware.