Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

New Computer Help Please!

• Please log in to reply

andrewsexton

andrewsexton

• PipPipPip
  • 143 posts
Hi all,

I recently got a new atx case for my P.C. I took evertyhing out and installed it in to the new case. The only problem i am getting is the usb2/firecard is not recognising in xp though when i connect the webcam to one of the ports the power light just stays on (Logitech Quick Zoom). Any ideas? I have installed all the latest drivers as well.

cheers

Andrew

Advertisements

SRX660

SRX660

motto - Just get-er-done

• Technician
  • 4,345 posts
There are 2 things to check. One is to check to see if you have the wiring plugged into the right pins. I have put the plugs on the wrong pins accidentally and spent a whole day trying to find the problem( thinking that i know i installed them right). The second thisg is some motherboards have to have the front usb ports enabled in the bios for them to work. I spent a day searching for a fix for this also.

SRX660

andrewsexton

andrewsexton

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 143 posts
There are front usb ports how do i get these working. On the motherboard there a 4 usb power connections do i connect them to usb one and usb 2. There is also to mic holes on the front but dont know where to connect them on the motherboard.

Thanks

Andrew

SRX660

SRX660

motto - Just get-er-done

• Technician
  • 4,345 posts
You can download the manual for your motherboard from the makers website and see how to connect the front USB. You should have recieved a CD with the motherboard that also has the manual on it, usually in PDF format(Adobe Acrobat). If you can tell me what model and make the MB is i can look it up. From what you are saying it sounds like you have installed a USB/Firewire PCI card in your computer. If you did do this you should have installed the USB drivers that came with the card before you installed the card. Instructions that comes with the card usually tell you this. we will continue with this but right now i need more information. Make and model of the old computer the parts came from would help.

SRX660