Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Imagining the Tenth Dimension

• Please log in to reply

frantique

frantique

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,700 posts
I found this interesting. :whistling: What do you think?

http://www.tenthdime....com/flash2.php

Advertisements

humminn

humminn

I post links to websites I get a commission from

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts
Cool one

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
thanks...i needed for my brain to explode today....string theory is SOOOO freaking complicated and easy all at the same time...awefull stuff..

Pi rules

Pi rules

• PipPipPip
  • 634 posts
I love this kind of stuff. I still can't decide between Theoretical Physics and computers for a future career. :dizzy:

Still, check out the November 2005 issue of Scientific American. Some theories state that we may only be in a two dimensional space with the 3rd dimension and gravity may be illusions stemming from interactions within the 2 dimensions.

I'll look into that book, thanks! :whistling:

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
I dunno from my understanding of quantum mechanics that guy seems to be pandering to popular ideas(at least in the animation anyway) rahter than actual concepts currently being used mind you the concept is continually changing by the time the guy finsihed writing the book it had probably changed the problem with studying an unprovable field is that there is no certainty the theory will be constant.

Ah well i think ill stick to the quantum interactions that i need for chemistry and leave the dimensions to phycists, its so much more reasuring when you can prove theories in a lab.

fleamailman

fleamailman

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,383 posts
The goblin had a question and felt that he didn't like what he had posted here but he knew too that timetravel within his own dimension was out because if he changed his past the him that was now reading this would change too, he supposed he could jump into a parallel dimension and change the post in that dimension(something no doubt G2G could add to their site rules here then) making timetravel possible as it is interdimension; however, even if he did change this post in a parallel dimension the post in this dimension would remain as it is, so the goblin wonders if here should leave a note in the parallel universe to his goblin counterpart to jump into this dimension to edit this post then?

Or, short of timetravel being out, would the moderator care to?

Edited by fleamailman, 08 August 2006 - 02:06 PM.

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
......what?!?

Johanna

Johanna

The Leather Lady

• 3,038 posts
Flea,
I don't know what kind of magic mushrooms they are putting on the pizza in Geneva, but maybe you should stick to pepperoni.
Johanna

fleamailman

fleamailman

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,383 posts
A retry in first person.

I have a question and imagine I now fell that I didn't like what I had posted here but I know too that timetravel within my own dimension is out because if I changed my past the me that is now reading this would change too(the old argument that timetravel is impossible because what would happen if one killed ones father,); however, I supposed then that I could jump into a parallel dimension(the topic mentioned in the book as the ant disappeaing in one place appearing in another place, or infinate possibilites,etc.,) and change the post in that dimension making timetravel possible as it is then interdimension(this being the current idea about how timetravel is possible then); however, even if he did change this post in a parallel dimension the post in this dimension would remain as it is would it not, so I wonder here if I should leave a note in the parallel universe to the counterpart me to jump into this dimension to edit this post then?(basicly me stating that this would be the only real way to change the past in ones own dimension)

Nah, I prefer Geneva mushroom version then.

frantique

frantique

Member 2k

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,700 posts
Flea, why do you have to time travel back to the past to change a post you now decide you don't like? Why don't you just edit it now? Would save you travelling to another dimension and instructing the Flea in that dimension to travel into this dimension and change it. Although I guess your suggestion might be a little more fun!

Edited by frantique, 09 August 2006 - 07:45 AM.

Advertisements

fleamailman

fleamailman

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,383 posts
"Yes, I can edit the post but not delete it, so I thought up timetravel with the aide of the book which I liked thinking that the me in the other dimension might show the me here how it is done, oh, and sorry everyone for the goblinigook, I dare say that it will pop up elsewhere in off topics since writing in third person makes it easy to transfer the post to a blog and vice versa" said the goblin who could never be serious for long though he meant well, promise.

frantique

frantique

Member 2k

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,700 posts
***this post had been edited and the contents deleted by pastique who is frantique's counterpart in another dimension***

Rothers2005

Rothers2005

• PipPip
  • 45 posts
But flea if you are thinking of yourself in a different dimension trying to delete posts that would only be one possibility to a endless string of other possibly e.g. 1 may delete, 1 may edit, they may not be a site, computers may not get invented, the internet doesn’t exist publicly a endless line (string) of time + duration = matter

So why worries so much about your other selves and just worry about yourself : D

OR SMILE AND BE HAPPY

Pi rules

Pi rules

• PipPipPip
  • 634 posts
I was just thinking about other dimensions, multiple inifinities, etc. and realized that there may be multiple values of pi! All that memorization for nothing. :whistling:

fleamailman

fleamailman

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,383 posts
You are right but if there are infinite possibilities than at least one of them could delete my posts, but perhaps they did but since they changed the future in doing so I am unaware of it.