Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Imagining the Tenth Dimension

• Please log in to reply

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
i don't know that for sure...it is infered by the fact that he is typing that he does exist in reality...but that is a limitation of our human knowledge...we're taught that certain laws are fact and that there is no changing that... but what if there is a possibility that pi actually has no physical embodyment in this particular plane of reality? he may have a physical manifestation in another plane of reality but not in ours... what then? what causes him to be "real"?

because of certain limitations placed upon us by our acceptance of the laws of physics (which...certain things in our reallity do not conform to by the way) we cannot seperate perceptioin from existance... "i see it...so it must be 'real'...it must 'exist'" but what makes that true? how do i know that when i turn around that the can of peanut butter DOESN"T leave existance?

Advertisements

sarahw

sarahw

Malware Staff

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,781 posts
It and He exists in some type of form. Mass that consumes Space in this dimension of Time.

Edited by sarahw, 15 August 2006 - 07:32 AM.

sarahw

sarahw

Malware Staff

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,781 posts
sorry
A dimension of time

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
there's that pesky physics again...heheh...if it's not perceived it doesn't have mass...or form..or time...or weight..or color...or size...until it is perceived

there are particles that are being studied now that simply DO NOT exist until they are perceived and measured...even the scientists studying them agree (for the most part) on this... if this phenomenon can apply to one portion of our plane of reality...shouldn't it apply to ALL portions of it?

sarahw

sarahw

Malware Staff

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,781 posts
I can't percieve these scientist's findings

sarahw

sarahw

Malware Staff

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,781 posts
Again, it is a theory

Edited by sarahw, 15 August 2006 - 07:39 AM.

sarahw

sarahw

Malware Staff

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,781 posts
The particles exist. Nobody knows it yet. Undiscovered.

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
of course it's just a theory...doesn't make it not possible or not true....the THEORY of rellativity is a theory...but it's accepted as fact (even though it cannot be fully tested) i'm not trying to change your mind or make you believe this stuff....just putting it out there....if you don't accept it ....thats perfectly fine as if you don't percieve it as truth in YOUR plane of reality...then it's not truth...just like anything else....if i don't percieve the existance of a God (this is as far into religion as this thread will go)...then in MY REALITY (not neccessarily your reality or anyone elses) then it/he/she/they don't exist.... this theory is really hard to apply to physical things...but it can be applied...the problem is that we as humans DO percieve these things (weight, mass, hight, sound, smell, color, touch, emotions) by default because they are a "given" portion of what we deem as reality...if we were truly able to seperate ourselves from these default perceptions and acceptances of truth...things would be a bit different...and it would be easier to understand...but...that's not the case in THIS reality

Pi rules

Pi rules

• PipPipPip
  • 634 posts
I could just be a server glitch for all you know. :whistling: Until I physically see you, you are in a quantum state. For example, after I scanned my computer in Safe Mode (long story) I saw that there were quite a few replies to this post. Each of them was in a quantum state for me until I saw them. They could have said anything until I read them and forced them to say 1 thing each.

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
http://www.hawaii.ed...s/DPF.CHAP7.HTM

Advertisements

frantique

frantique

Member 2k

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,700 posts
dsenette that was an interesting read - the beginning was pretty heavy though.

there's that pesky physics again...heheh...if it's not perceived it doesn't have mass...or form..or time...or weight..or color...or size...until it is perceived

A great 'play' with this concept is cloud popping. Best to start with a small cloud and one that looks a bit thin. Really concentrate on it (whilst at the same time being relaxed I think helps) with the intention of it disappearing. I have found that the key here is to continually stare at it and rather than visually 'seeing' the cloud - in your mind's eye see it gone, as in 'see' the blue sky instead - kind of like look past the whiteness of the cloud to the blue beyond. With concentration it disappears. The clouds the same size around it do not - just the one you are concentrating on does. Try it out. With some practice it is quite easy. The interesting part is checking out people's reaction when you say to someone "see that cloud up there" and they say yes and you say "I can make it disappear" and they call you a nut case and you concentrate and make it disappear. Some can perceive that you really did make it disappear and others can't and say you're still a nut case and so you pop another to prove you really did it and they shake their head and tell you you're crazy and that you didn't make it disappear it just happened by chance.
When your children grow into mid teenagers and no longer use the trampoline it is ideal for laying on and cloud popping!

fleamailman

fleamailman

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,383 posts
I would say that existance is more an understanding term, we take the proofs of the past, the peanut butter has always been subject to these limits, while thinking of it in this moment, to make conjectures of where and what it will be later. Better perception might improve the understanding that does not change the scope of its existance, it remains the peanut better. The understanding does not that place out of the mind.

Also, thinking in these lines then that existance is just being understood against a backgroud of other things, I would venture to say that there is no non existance in the universe because everywhere is somewhere, that nothing is still something even if it is just a space between something and something else then, or the time between something and something else, perhaps it is the space between the peanut jar and one eyes is empty but it is still there.

[Thank you for choosing peanut butter, God bless America for it]

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP

perhaps it is the space between the peanut jar and one eyes is empty but it is still there.

i tend to find that it's the space between one's ears that's empty hehe

[Thank you for choosing peanut butter, God bless America for it]

http://en.wikipedia....i/Peanut_butter

sarahw

sarahw

Malware Staff

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,781 posts
I hate peanut butter. The last time I ate it I had selmonella poisoning. A big thing in Australia a few years ago. Vegemite, mmmmmmmmm

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP

Vegemite,

*dsenette vomits on his keyboard

i PERCIEVE that vegimite is the most disgusting thing on the planet...there for it EXISTS as teh most disgusting thing on the planet...that stuff will kill you