Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Computer randomly restarting itself

• Please log in to reply

Esirnus

Esirnus

• Pip
  • 2 posts
This is a problem that has been going on for a little while now and i have tried numerous things to solve it. System restore, cleaning the heatsink and fan on the processor, and other minor tips i have got from various websites. It is still occuring and is now reallllllllly starting to annoy me.

It can happen from as little as 10mins from when it is switched on to as long as 2 hours. when it restarts it can go again at any time.

this is the error code i get when windows restarts
BCCode : 10000050 BCP1 : F3211BE4 BCP2 : 00000001 BCP3 : BF841023
BCP4 : 00000000 OSVer : 5_1_2600 SP : 2_0 Product : 256_1

can anyone please shed any light on what might be the problem and if there is something i can do short of dropping it out of the window and buying a new one ?

thanks in advance

Es

-------------------------------
AMD athalon XP 1800+ 1.49 ghz
512 ddr RAM
Windows XP sp 2

Advertisements

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Please follow the procedures outlined here: Malware Removal Guide

You will need a PC which can connect to the internet

Run all the programmes as advised then post a current Hijack This Log in a new topic in the Malware Forum

For the purpose of accurate malware analysis, Hijack This Logs are only dealt with in the Malware Forum. Posting them anywhere else will result in a delayed response

If you are unable to run any of the programmes, please ask for advice in the Malware Forum

Download Memtest

Run it overnight if possible

Using Memtest

Johanna

Johanna

The Leather Lady

• 3,038 posts
Do you know how to shut off the auto restart that MS enables by default? (Gosh, I hate that "feature!")
Control Panel> System> Advanced> Start Up and Recovery> Settings
untick "restart my comp automatically"

Sometimes if you can force it to throw the actual error, you can figure out how to fix the problem. You have had a look in the event logs, right? Keep an eye on your system temps, too

Johanna

Esirnus

Esirnus

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
will go an try the malware thing - thanks for that

yes auto restart got switched off recently thanks - but i cant make head nor tail of the problem on the blue screen of death.

I havent checked event logs (cos i dont think i know how) can you tell me ?

cheers guyys

Es