Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

Dialog Boxes

• Please log in to reply

• Pip
  • 1 posts
When I try to open an excel or word document I get a message saying there is a dialog box open. Then a box opens up needing a web key and password. How do I get my documents to open without this box coming up.

• PipPipPip
  • 330 posts
I searched the help on word and excel, didnt find exactly what you are talking about...

However, it sounds like when you are opening a document, it is asking for a username and password trying to connect to an FTP server to open the document...

to change this...

open word/excel, click TOOLS> OPTIONS> FILE LOCATIONS and on the DOCUMENTS one it should say the path is C:\Documents and Settings\YOUUSERNAME\My Documents

if it doesnt, then search to make that the correct path... other than that, I dont exactly know, you would need to screen shot it...

to screen shot, open word, let the issue happen, hit the PRINT SCREEN button on your keyboard next to scroll lock, then open paint START> ALL PROGRAMS> ACCESORIES> PAINT, when paint opens up hit CTRL+V on your keyboard...

just hold down CTRL then press V, itll paste a picture of your word. then go to www.imageshack.us upload the file, copy the link it gives you, and paste it here.