Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

installing print server

• Please log in to reply

amusinglisa

amusinglisa

• PipPipPip
  • 102 posts
Hi :blink:

I am trying to configure a new print server (netgear ps121) and have the software, but I can't figure out how to I need to hook the computer tot he server (via USB cable [do I need to purchase a usb-> usb cable] or via the (excuse my igmo language :whistling:) phone-cord-looking thingie or is there something else?

Thank you!!

Advertisements

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
you need both it looks like...you would need a usb cable that is "b to b" to connect your printer to the print server (unless it's already got one) and then you would need a cat5 patch cable (ethernet cable) to connect the print server to your network (one would assume you'd be plugging it in to a free port on your router)

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
AHA...correction (sorry...just got a better picture of this doodad) you don't need a b-to b..you just need the standard a to b usb cable..which if you have a usb printer already...you should have...so all you would need is a cat5 cable