Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

[NI.UWFX5]

• Please log in to reply

jarred_buck

jarred_buck

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hello everybody ,
I've been told to delete the folowing from hijack this before and am not able to do so: O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NI.UWFX5] "C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\0TQVO16N\WinFixer2005ScannerInstall[1].exe".

I also have the following under my add/delete programs that can't be deleted: Recipe Rewards toolbar and Need2find Bar.

My computer is on a satelite connection and runs really slow sometimes and I believe this may be my problem. Also, my connections kicks me off a lot and it did not do this in the past. Your help is greatly appreciated. Gracias!

Jarred

Logfile of HijackThis v1.99.1
Scan saved at 2:07:17 PM, on 8/2/2006
Platform: Windows XP SP1 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP1 (6.00.2800.1106)

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\csrss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\Program Files\Sygate\SPF\smc.exe
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\alg.exe
C:\Program Files\ewido anti-malware\ewidoctrl.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\wdfmgr.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\wbem\wmiprvse.exe
C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe
C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Desktop\HijackThis.exe

O2 - BHO: Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - {06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3} - C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\ActiveX\AcroIEHelper.dll
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NI.UWFX5] "C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\0TQVO16N\WinFixer2005ScannerInstall[1].exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [avast!] C:\PROGRA~1\ALWILS~1\Avast4\ashDisp.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SmcService] C:\PROGRA~1\Sygate\SPF\smc.exe -startgui
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [PhilipsDM] "C:\Program Files\Philips\Philips Device Manager\Bin\DeviceManager.exe"
O4 - Global Startup: Adobe Reader Speed Launch.lnk = C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\Reader\reader_sl.exe
O16 - DPF: {9A9307A0-7DA4-4DAF-B042-5009F29E09E1} (ActiveScan Installer Class) - http://acs.pandasoft...free/asinst.cab
O23 - Service: ewido security suite control - ewido networks - C:\Program Files\ewido anti-malware\ewidoctrl.exe
O23 - Service: iPod Service (iPodService) - Apple Computer, Inc. - C:\Program Files\iPod\bin\iPodService.exe
O23 - Service: Sygate Personal Firewall (SmcService) - Sygate Technologies, Inc. - C:\Program Files\Sygate\SPF\smc.exe

Edited by jarred_buck, 02 August 2006 - 03:01 PM.

Advertisements

Flrman1

Flrman1

Malware Assassin

• Retired Staff
  • 6,596 posts
Hi jarred_buck

Welcome to GTG! :whistling:

Before we proceed here, may I ask why you have not installed Service Pack 2?

Flrman1

Flrman1

Malware Assassin

• Retired Staff
  • 6,596 posts
* I see that you do not have an antivirus installed. If I may so this without being rude, with the net as it is these days it is quite foolish to be without an antivirus. If you want us to help you, you need to do some things to help yourself. The first step in doing that is to get an antivirus. Go here to download and install the free version of AVG. Install it and update the virus definitons. Make sure that all active protection is enabled.

* Run Kaspersky online virus scan here.

After the updates have downloaded, click on the "Scan Settings" button.
Choose the "Extended database" for the scan.
Under "Please select a target to scan", click "My Computer".
When the scan is finished, Save the results from the scan!

Note: You have to use Internet Explorer to do the online scan.

Post a new HiJackThis log along with the results from Kaspersky scan

* Also open Hijack This and click on the "Open the Misc Tools section" button. Click on the "Open Uninstall Manager" button. Click the "Save List" button. Copy and paste that list here.

jarred_buck

jarred_buck

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
No no! I do not think that you are rude. I appreciate your honest. I must admitt, I am quite foolish when it comes to computers. For example, I do not know what is Service Pack 2, nor do I know why I have not downloaded it. Also, I did not know that I needed an antivirus, nor did I know whether or not I had one. I have downloaded, installed, and updated the antivirus, however I have failed to complete the online virus. While in the process of scanning, Internet Explorer terminates the application in error. This I have attempted several times and I am very frustrated. I can tell you that it is finding viruses. What is it that I can do from here? I appreciate your helping!

Flrman1

Flrman1

Malware Assassin

• Retired Staff
  • 6,596 posts
I apologize for not getting back to you yesterday. We had a bad storm here that knocked the power out early in the afternoon. It was off until about 1:00 this morning so I couldn't get online to respond to any of my threads yesterday.

Try this scan:

* Go here and do the BitDefender online virus scan.
  • Click "I Agree" to agree to the EULA.
  • Allow the ActiveX control to install when prompted.
  • Click "Click here to scan" to begin the scan.
  • Please refrain from using the computer until the scan is finished.
  • When the scan is finished, click on "Click here to export the scan results"
  • Save the report to your desktop then come back here and attach it to your next reply along with a new Hijack This log..
Note: You have to use Internet Explorer to do the online scan.

Flrman1

Flrman1

Malware Assassin

• Retired Staff
  • 6,596 posts
* Also open Hijack This and click on the "Open the Misc Tools section" button. Click on the "Open Uninstall Manager" button. Click the "Save List" button. Copy and paste that list here.