Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Call of Duty FPS help

• Please log in to reply

Hetman

Hetman

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hey I've had CoD for maybe a year and a half now, and i've always had this problem. When i first got the game I had a geforce 2 32mb g-card..like the minimum that would run the game. So I would get like 50 fps all the time and would lag. But just a month ago I bought a geforce 6200 AGP..But i'm still getting crappy FPS a lot. I set the graphics to optimal setting at like 1240x760 or w/e it is and the graphics are high and my fps keep jumping from 125(the max) and 50. It does that quite a lot.. My computer is a sony Vaio 2ghz processor and 512 ram. I configured the settings in my graphcs card to run CoD with the best performance.. What can I do to stop lagging.. For the moment I am running 800x600 with a little lag..but I like the looks of the 1240x720 a lot better. Any suggestions?

Advertisements

BlackPandemic

BlackPandemic

• PipPipPip
  • 678 posts
So you're saying that you are getting 50 FPS? There is nothing wrong with that. Fluctuation is bad, but if it's fluctuating between 50 and 125 I don't know how you see a difference.

MoViEsTaR

MoViEsTaR

• PipPip
  • 26 posts
Fps is set by the server that your on aswel as yourself. One server might only be sending out 50 fps and connect to another and youll get 115 fps. Of coarse you can choose your own fps but if you go higher than what the server is sending out then you will get a lag effect.

Your computer spec is fine but 1 gig of ram would make a difference instead of the 512mb, the lag your getting tho sounds more like internet lag and not the fps or your computer spec.

Hetman

Hetman

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Well the thing that lags me is the fact that my fps jumps from 125 to 50 in less than a second..if it would stay at either one i would be happy, but the jumping back and forth is what lags me.

jrm20

jrm20

System building expert

• Retired Staff
  • 2,394 posts

Well the thing that lags me is the fact that my fps jumps from 125 to 50 in less than a second..if it would stay at either one i would be happy, but the jumping back and forth is what lags me.

The reason is your video card is a low end card and you need to go back into the video options and lower some settings.. Try it on 800X600 first then go up to 1024x768 max. Look in filtering and set it to bilinear and look at character and general textures and set them to a lower setting then go into the performance options and check dynamic lights, model and particle detail and set them lower.. Mess around with those settings and lower them slightly each until you find a good setting for your taste.