Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Help implementing a database

• Please log in to reply

Sandiaman

Sandiaman

• PipPip
  • 12 posts
I need some guidance implemaenting a database for case management and wanted to know some of the basic pros and cons to implementing a net work database vs a web based database. Three people will need access to it so I imagine the at a minumum we will need a network database. I have never implemented a database before any suggestions will be appreciated. I do have some access experience. But we are specifically looking to implement what we would refer to as a fraud database.

Advertisements

bhar

bhar

• Pip
  • 2 posts
hi,

You have mentioned that three people are going to access the database. If they are with in your organization, go for Client/server application. If you need to give access from the outside your organization, go for web app.
For developing the Client/Server application, you can refer this title: Develop an accounting package using vb and Sql server 2000".

Regards
bhar