Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Burn a Video

• Please log in to reply

Tru Techie

Tru Techie

• PipPipPip
  • 267 posts
how do u burn a video on nero, so that it can be played on a dvd player?
is there a specific format that the video has to be in?

Advertisements

Facedown98

Facedown98

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 2,989 posts
I don't use nero much, but I know from TV Production classes that for best quality on a DVD drive, you should use High-Quality (NTSC). I'm sure Nero offers that quality.

Tru Techie

Tru Techie

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 267 posts
wat about on a cd?

Facedown98

Facedown98

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 2,989 posts
Like I said, I'm not sure how Nero burns, but for one thing, you can't play a movie file in a DVD player if it's not on a DVD CD. Just wanted to clear that up. Now, if you want to save the movie in good quality and then burn it on a data CD, then use Windows Movie Maker and save it in NTSC, and then you can "more-less" just drag and drop the movie file in.

Tru Techie

Tru Techie

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 267 posts
k thanx.

K Labs

K Labs

• Pip
  • 6 posts
Im assuming you have a DVD burner and blank DVD-R's (if not, welcome to the world of VCD's and SVCD's--a whole other format)

are you using Nero Express? if so, it's decently self-explanatory. Open up Express, click on the create DVD function. Then ADD File, browse for it and add. After that you have the option(s) of adding/designing your menu and then previewing it.

One thing though--make sure on the final screen (before you press the BURN button) that under burn options, you've deselected the burn-at-once feature....whenever this is checked off, it screws up burning DVDs

hope i helped

K Labs

K Labs

• Pip
  • 6 posts
to expand on StormKnights post--most dvd players will play VCDs (and some SVCD's)---those are made on CDR's not DVDRs, so you dont necessarily need DVDR's.