Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

help

• Please log in to reply

haramrit

haramrit

• PipPip
  • 28 posts
I have a p4,2.8Ghz,915 GAV original intel,1 Gb of RAM, 160Gb Sata HDD ,NVidia Graphics card 7300LE.
The problem I am getting is that every now and then my Computer restarts .I have already run the Memory diagnostics and also the Seagate Seatools but could not sort out the problem, Kindly help. I have recently installed the graphics card ,however which is not giving any problems.

Advertisements

Facedown98

Facedown98

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 2,989 posts
When did this start? Have you made any changes to the system recently? Do you see a blue screen flash for about half a second before the computer restarts? Does it restart at random times, or just when you perform a specific action?

digikiwi

digikiwi

• PipPipPip
  • 260 posts
You may find some information about what is going on immediately before a crash by reviewing your event viewer logs.
Click Start then right click My Computer and select Manage and click the + for Event Viewer. Have a look at the 2 options System and Application by clicking on each and checking what was going on precisely before the restart. Especially double click on errors to get details. A lot of it will be gobbledigook techbabble but you may find something consistent. Make a point of recording the date and time of each crash (and what was open on your computer at the time). This ought to help sourcing the problem.

Digikiwi

haramrit

haramrit

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts
actually i installed the PCI express graphics card Nvidia 7300 le. Then further i changed the battery. it worked well for some time but when i installed the windows xp again it started giving the restart problem .No there is no blue screen before restarting .However sometimes when i try to install some softwere like the Nero 7 it restarts but then the second time after the restart the programme Nero 7 is installed.

Longhorns242

Longhorns242

• PipPipPip
  • 137 posts
download Speedfan (google it) and ur cpu temp may be high. that may be causing your comp to restart.

computerwiz12890

computerwiz12890

Fixer-upper guy

• Retired Staff
  • 1,807 posts
Right click MY COMPUTER, choose PROPERTIES, choose ADVANCED, choose the SETTINGS button in the Startup And RECOVERY section, and uncheck AUTOMATICALLY RESTART

Now reboot. This should result in the BSOD error, either right away or later on when it normally would restart.

When you see it, report the STOP ERROR and any parameters.