Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

OMG I reformatted and backed everything up on external hd.

• Please log in to reply

hamiltona

hamiltona

• Pip
  • 7 posts
OMG I reformatted and backed everything up on external hd.

:whistling: OMG I reformatted and backed everything up on external hd and lost everything. Even the data on my external... i dont understand what happend....is there a way i can get my setting back before the reformat? Ive tried system restore to no avail.....maybe a program you can suggest? Please help....I lost everything even my docts and pics...ty

Advertisements

digikiwi

digikiwi

• PipPipPip
  • 260 posts
There is a good chance that almost all your data is recoverable. BUT stop using the disk you're trying to save data from. Everytime you use it you are overwriting your old data. You will probably need to get yourelf some data recovery software. I used GetDataBack by Runsoft recently and was very happy with it. There is another thread going on what other proggies people use for this, do some googling before you buy.

When you do the recovery you will need to install the application on another drive and save the data on a different drive from the one you're recovering from.

Digikiwi

Edited by digikiwi, 03 August 2006 - 02:28 PM.