Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

Video Card Help

• Please log in to reply

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi, I recently had my computer power supply replaced. And the guy who did it said he booted the computer up and it worked fine. When I tried to turn it on when I got home, the CPU worked, but the Video did not. I'd been using onboard video, so I figured I could just get a new video card and correct the problem. That ran me into another problem. In order to install this video card, shouldn't I need some type of display to work with? I'm at a loss and I don't know what to do. Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Elric Ward

Elric Ward

• PipPip
  • 10 posts
Just installing the card and plugging the monitor in should give you a basic display to work with until you can install the card's drivers. If for some reason it's not working that way, make sure the video card is seated properly and check to make sure the monitor is good. Otherwise it shouldn't be a problem.