Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

change view default

• Please log in to reply

promoter

promoter

• PipPip
  • 31 posts
For about a week now, whenever I go to "save as", "open", or "import" files in programs such as photoshop, dreamweaver, and flash, the computer sorts the files by the date modified, not alphabetically in the dialog box. So each time, I have to select to view the files by details and then select to sort them by name. This happens each and every time I have to do anything that involves selecting a file. I cannot get the default view to change back to listing the items alphabetically. I feel like this shouldn't be hard to do but I can't figure it out. It wouldn't be such a big deal but I'm constantly opening and importing images and things and it's really driving me crazy!

How can I change my settings to always display files alphabetically as the default?

Advertisements

AitrusSkyy

AitrusSkyy

• PipPipPip
  • 330 posts
Gimme a few min and refresh this post and you will have your answer... :whistling:

OK first thing you need to do is open my documents ( or any folder with your stuff in it, easiest if you use my documents )

once the folder is open SORT the items in my documents by name or however you like THEN follow the 2 pictures posted below...

Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by AitrusSkyy, 03 August 2006 - 08:27 AM.

promoter

promoter

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts
Oh thank you so much! Now it is back to normal! I know it's silly to get worked up about something little like this but I've been having a lot of computer problems lately and this was just the straw that broke the camel's back.

Thanks a lot!