Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Internet Explorer Problem

• Please log in to reply

Luke_P

Luke_P

• PipPip
  • 29 posts
Hello the people of Geeks to go,

I seem to have lost my Internet Explorer, and can't find it again. :whistling:

I think I upgraded from IE 6 to IE 7 BETA version 2, and then uninstalled Internet Explorer altogether, and can't seem to download it again.

I went to the Microsoft download site to download Internet Explorer Version 1 of IE 6, but it said I already have a newer version of IE on my computer - which I can only assume to be the IE 7 I downloaded a few months ago.

But whenever I sign in to MSN, and click on the icon at the top saying I have new hotmail messages, it uses Internet Explorer (looks like 6), instead of my default browser, Mozilla Firefox.

Please can someone tell me how to delete any previous versions of IE I have on my computer, and install the IE 6 (prefer it over the BETA 7), as I want it in addition to firefox.

Thanks for any help :blink:

Edited by Luke_P, 03 August 2006 - 09:11 AM.

Advertisements

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Click start, control panel, add and remove, tick show updates and check for any version of IE, remove any you find

If you do not find one, click add and remove windows components, remove the tick for internet explorer, click OK, confirm, reboot when it finishes

Return to add and remove windows components, replace the tick for IE, click OK, you will need the XP CD

After it installs, visit Microsoft Update to check for updates for IE

http://update.micros...t.aspx?ln=en-us

Luke_P

Luke_P

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts
OK Thanks,

I couldn't find any on add and remove normal programs,

And I did the next step, but there was no tick there, so I ticked it and pressed next, Finish (I don't have the windows CD btw, I can't find it)

Now it works, but it has no URL bar :\

I did the updates thing, but it couldn't find any.

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Click start, control panel, network and internet, internet options, does it show the home page there

Luke_P

Luke_P

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts
It shows "Internet Properties"