Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Overclocking Radeon X700 PRO (PCI-E)

• Please log in to reply

Longhorns242

Longhorns242

• PipPipPip
  • 137 posts
OK, Basically i want to overclock my Radeon X700Pro pci-e card. Any tips/ instructions on how i go about doing this. I recently took off the factory heatinsk/fan and replaced it with a zalman vga cooler.

Advertisements

troppo

troppo

• PipPipPip
  • 582 posts
well first of all did the aftermarket cooler come with RAM sinks? the reason i ask is because alot of them dont cover the RAM and video card RAM gets really really hot

with that card you probably wouldnt want to push it to far but if your interested you have two choices

get either
ATI Tool
or
Riviatuner

i like rivia tuner and thats what i use its really easy to use and is functional.

what you should do thou is overclock it then use a benchamarking program such as 3dmark03 or somehting similar to test for visual aretifacts that means that you have oushed the card to far and should back it off

or what you can do is overclock it with riviatuner and then use ati tool to test for artifacts itself ATi tool also measures your GPU temp aswell

if you search for video card overcloking on google you will find heaps of tools do that and read up on it then post back with any question sbut i have given you a bit of a head start

troppo

SuperSam

SuperSam

• PipPipPip
  • 693 posts
RivaTuner* = http://www.guru3d.com/rivatuner/
ATi Tool = http://www.techpowerup.com/atitool/

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
Get and install the latest omega drivers they come with there own version of ATI tool built in makes overclocking very easy and you can load OC profiles from the tray.

All zalman coolers come with ram sinks usually if you dont have them you should have.

Rivatuner is good but its better for nvidia cards i find ATItool i find a better tool for ATI cards also has the advantage of not requiring another benchmarking app as it can do it itself.

Longhorns242

Longhorns242

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 137 posts
yes it came with 8 little blue heatsinks that i put on...ok i got it overclocked using ati tool thanks

Tru Techie

Tru Techie

• PipPipPip
  • 267 posts
im not sure about ati tool, but everyone seems to be u sing riva tuner, just wat i see that goes on.