Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

New Computer Case, Want to use extras!

• Please log in to reply

fathead161

fathead161

• PipPip
  • 49 posts
Hey,

I just recently bought the Aerocool ExtremEngine Extreme Engine 3T Case, and i wanted to use the fan speed controllers, the front USB's, and the Firewire imput, but im not exactly sure where they are supposed to go into my motherboard. I have found 2 areas in my motherboard and they both read usb, but im not sure which cable goes where. Here is my motherboards stats.

Motherboard Name Intel Rock Lake D865PERL

Front Side Bus Properties
Bus Type Intel NetBurst
Bus Width 64-bit
Real Clock 200 MHz (QDR)
Effective Clock 800 MHz
Bandwidth 6400 MB/s

Memory Bus Properties
Bus Type DDR SDRAM
Bus Width 64-bit
Real Clock 200 MHz (DDR)
Effective Clock 400 MHz
Bandwidth 3200 MB/s

Chipset Bus Properties
Bus Type Intel Hub Interface
Bus Width 8-bit
Real Clock 67 MHz (QDR)
Effective Clock 267 MHz
Bandwidth 267 MB/s

Motherboard Physical Info
CPU Sockets/Slots 1
Expansion Slots 5 PCI, 1 AGP
RAM Slots 4 DIMM
Form Factor ATX
Motherboard Size 240 mm x 300 mm
Motherboard Chipset i865PE

Motherboard Manufacturer
Company Name Intel Corporation
Product Information http://www.intel.com...herbd/index.htm
BIOS Download http://www.intel.com...rbd/genbios.htm

Another problem i have been having that had also was an issue with my old case is i cannot use my power button in the front of the comp, i must manually turn on the comp using the power supplies turn on switch in the back. The weird thing is is that i can shut off the comp by holding the power button.....One more thing { sorry :whistling: } , but whenever i turn off my computer it automatically re-starts itself (only when i go to start, turn off computer, shut down)

Thanks a lot

Advertisements

Tru Techie

Tru Techie

• PipPipPip
  • 267 posts
i believe the fan controller, and dont quote me on this, is internal, so you'll need to get an bay drive (or if the case already comes with it) that is used to control the fans/reads temps and connect it to the internal part of the mobo, not from outside the case. but im not sure, so yeah.

fathead161

fathead161

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 49 posts
yea im just wonering what part of the motherboard i need to plug all the front usb's, fan controllers, etc. into :whistling:

SRX660

SRX660

motto - Just get-er-done

• Technician
  • 4,345 posts
There are 2 front connections for USB. One is behind the third PCI slot and the other is below it at the bottom edge of the board. You have 2 chassis fan connections. One right behind the I/O panel for the rear chassis fan and one below the IDE connectors( first one) for the front chassis fan. At the bottom back part of the MB is 2 connectors for Aux line in(bottom) and cdrom sound. Above these two connectors is a single connector for front audio( headphones). Just below the 5th PCI slot is 2 IEEE 1394 front panel connectors. Need any more?

SRX660

fathead161

fathead161

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 49 posts
For the CD IN and AUX IN i have a crapload of plugs, and i don't know which go where. I have MIC VCC, GND, EAR R, EAR L, two more EAR R, and EAR L's steming off of the other ones, MIC DATA. On another chord i have VP, VG, TPA+, TPB-, TPB+, TPA-, and GND. I have another chord that says SPEAKER on it. Do these chords also include Firewire because i have a firewire port?
Thanks

SRX660

SRX660

motto - Just get-er-done

• Technician
  • 4,345 posts
You need to download the manual for that motherboard so you can see what connections goes where.

http://grox.net/misc...on.C3176401.pdf

SRX660