Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

realtek problem (azmixersel.exe) runtime error! - PLEASE HELP

• Please log in to reply

vika09

vika09

• PipPip
  • 49 posts
everytime i start up my laptop i instantly get a runtime error on azmixersel.exe, which i realised is related to my realtek audio stuff, which makes sense as no log-on sound is played, when i open winamp to play something a 'Bad DirectSound' driver issue is shown... :whistling:

there is another problem too, i dont know whether it is related to the realtek driver or not.
the attachment has the picture... of the error.

i really need help on this, i dont know much about computers... a laptop (gaming) with no sound is a bummer of a machine!!!

i dont think there are any other errors that i feel are fully related to the realtek problem

I tried reinstalling the driver about 3 times, the same runtime error occurs

i know this post is not structured but please try, i really need the help.

my laptop is an acer aspire 9500 series... it runs Windows XP SP2 and IE V6.0

If you would like anymore information, i would love to help you out from here.

Thanx in advance :blink: :help:

Attached Thumbnails

• error.jpg

Edited by vika09, 04 August 2006 - 09:54 PM.

Advertisements

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
Hello vika09...

The error shown in your screenshot (f1c56988.exe) may be malware related.

There are a lot of things that can cause sound to stop working. We'll start with the most common and go from there.

Open Device Manager (right click "My Computer" and choose "Properties"...Click the "Hardware" tab then the "Device Manager" button). Do you see any devices in the list that have a yellow ! or ? next to them? If so, what are they?

wannabe1

vika09

vika09

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 49 posts

Hello vika09...

The error shown in your screenshot (f1c56988.exe) may be malware related.

There are a lot of things that can cause sound to stop working. We'll start with the most common and go from there.

Open Device Manager (right click "My Computer" and choose "Properties"...Click the "Hardware" tab then the "Device Manager" button). Do you see any devices in the list that have a yellow ! or ? next to them? If so, what are they?

wannabe1

First I THANK YOU VERY MUCH FOR HELPING.

Well, many devices have ! or ? next to them, some even have a red 'x' next to them!

Here goes,

LanRoad on Atheros - Wireless Network Adapter
LanRoad on Intel® PRO/Wireless Network Adapter
'' '' on Microsoft TV/Video connection
Unknown Device
^^^
These have a yellow '!' on their little icon,

Woah, I opened the Device Manager again, and the red crosses are gone, well, those are the ! that are present on the Device Manager.
EDIT: The ! next to the Network stuff makes sense, as eveytime I log on, I get this install wizard asking me to install drivers for a "Net'. When there is no hardware connected to my laptop when i turn on (expcept my mouse, which has a driver installed)

Thanks,
vika09

Edited by vika09, 04 August 2006 - 11:24 PM.

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
Ok...looks like you need to install the network card drivers, but that shouldn't interfere with the sound. Let's look at the default settings.

Do you know what sound device you are using (or trying to)? I'm going to assume it's an AC'97 variety...if I'm wrong, please correct me.

Open Control Panel and double-click on the "Sounds and Audio Devices" icon.

Under the "Volume" tab, put a tick in the box to "Place volume icon in the taskbar".

Under the "Sounds" tab, select "Windows default" in the Sounds Scheme drop down menu.

Under the "Audio" tab, make sure that your AC ' 97 device is listed in the top two sections...if not, select it from the drop down menu.

Under the "Voice" tab, make sure the AC ' 97 device is listed in both boxes...if not, select it.

Under the "Hardware" tab, look at all the devices in the list and post them here for me.

Click "Apply" and then "Ok".

Now look down by the clock...is there a little speaker there? If yes, double-click on it and make sure there is not a tick in the box next to "Mute" and that the Volume sliders are all set to at least halfway.

Reboot

Sound?

vika09

vika09

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 49 posts
My 'place volume bar in taskbar' is disabled!!!!

basically everything is disabled!

My voice recording thing has : AVerMedia BDA Analog Audio Capt.!

EDIT: I dont know which soud device i am using. :'( Sorry

Edited by vika09, 04 August 2006 - 11:56 PM.

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
No worries...we'll take it a step at a time... :whistling:

Download, install, and run Everest on the machine. Generate a report using the Report Wizard (Report icon on toolbar). I'll need "All Pages" in "HTML" format. Once the report is complete, click the "Save to File" icon to save the report to your desktop. Zip the file by right clicking on it, point to "Send To" then choose "Compressed (Zip) File". Attach that to your next reply for me.

This will give me the information I need to help you get the correct drivers installed for all your devices.

vika09

vika09

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 49 posts
Here you go, hope it works! :whistling:

Just to give you more info, i run all sorts of programs like WindowsBlinds and Logon Manager and Stuff...

Well i live in thailand (english), hope you have a good nights sleep dude...! :blink: :help:

Attached Files

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
I'll sort through the log in the morning and we'll see if we can get your machine back in order... :whistling:

I was stationed at Korat in the late 60's...Thailand is a beautiful country, I loved it there!

vika09

vika09

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 49 posts
Thanx dude,

I dont know whether this is related, but all the games such as Solitare, Pinball, Hearts etc, have all gone!
Ms Paint is missing!
Stuff like sound recorder and other Microsoft Windows built in stuff are gone!

^^^
If that stuff isnt related, then Nevermind (never used them anyway)

Edited by vika09, 05 August 2006 - 03:33 AM.

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
Sorry for the delay...things got kinda crazy around here yesterday. :whistling:

Download the top three drivers HERE, but don't install them yet.

Open Add or Remove Programs and look for any and all ATI related drivers. Remove any you find. While you're in Add or Remove Programs, check to see that .NET Framework is installed...you'll need version 1.1 or higher. If you find it already installed, you need not install it from the files you downloaded from ATI.

Reboot and install the downloaded drivers by double clicking on the downloaded files.

Let me know how this goes.

Look in the System32 folder...are your missing games in there and will they open when you double click on the icon?

Edited by wannabe1, 06 August 2006 - 07:42 AM.

Advertisements

vika09

vika09

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 49 posts
Ok, Umm, y do i need ATI drivers? may i know (cos i am a noob) how it is related to the sound? hehe

i dont see .Net frameworks....

so,
i should remove:
ATI software Uninstall Utility
ATI control panel
ATI display driver
and ATI TOOL??

Btw, there is no harm in me installing the NET framework thing from ATI rite?

Edited by vika09, 06 August 2006 - 07:51 AM.

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
The South Bridge of your motherboard, which is basically the sound controller, uses these drivers.
southbridge.png
(From the Everest report)

Edited by wannabe1, 06 August 2006 - 07:51 AM.

vika09

vika09

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 49 posts
ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.... [bleep] u ppl are smart *thumbsup*

vika09

vika09

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 49 posts
where do i find .net frame work?
so,
i should remove:
ATI software Uninstall Utility
ATI control panel
ATI display driver
and ATI TOOL??

Btw, there is no harm in me installing the NET framework thing from ATI rite?

vika09

vika09

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 49 posts
Am i supposed to install them in the same order?

Edited by vika09, 06 August 2006 - 08:27 AM.