Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

Debugging Tool for Windows XP

• Please log in to reply

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 445 posts
:whistling: :blink:

My head is spinning... I think that I have read all that I can handle on how to generate a simple text file that will point me to the reason for a crash etc., as the debugging tools are supposed to do. It refers me to folders that are not there, and to files that are not there.

Not being a programmer, just a lowly general user/beta-tester, I need this tool.

Are the folders and files created on the fly? If so, then how do you get at them. Or, are they supposed to be there, and why aren't they?

The WinDbg.exe file is opened, but nothing is there...there are tons of commands but none to elicit or generate a file that sounds like it would contain the info I'm after.

LogViewer.exe produces nothing. And there are no leads in the Manifext folder.

So, bottom line, in the event that I need it, how do I generate a log file that will point me to the problem?

Post on line, and also contact me off-line, please... b1caez01@cogeco.ca [copy and paste] [1=one, 0=zero]