Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Webcamera problems

• Please log in to reply

Danny_o6

Danny_o6

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hi, I had been having problems with using a web camera for a few months, I used to have a Labtec, I then bought a new one as I thought that the problem of the web camera, every time I plugged it in would stop my internet connection, was through the web camera itself.

So I bought a new Hithot H-400 webcamera and found the same problem once again. Every time I plug it into the USB port on my computer, it installs the hardware automatically and say if I have, for example, msn messenger open, it will stay working until I close it and try to re-open it, same goes for any other program that requires an internet connection.

Just for reference, I am on a 1mb NTL cable internet connection.
:whistling:

Advertisements

Tru Techie

Tru Techie

• PipPipPip
  • 267 posts
k, close all programs. reinstall the driver for the webcam. then open and see if the program works.

Danny_o6

Danny_o6

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Nope, done that, still didn't work. By the way, i didn't mention that I have to restore my computer to an earlier time for the internet to work again.